Upper back pain is kind of pain or distress which affect the back portion of the chest and upper abdominal area. The upper back muscle and neck is the most complex area of our body. Statistics say that over 80% of adults are suffering from back pain. The upper back area consists of the shoulder blades and where the rib cage attaches to the thoracic spine. The neck and shoulders can exhibit much the same difficulties as the lower back, such as pulled muscles, disc problems, arthritis, and other issues. Here we are discussing about all causes, reasons and treatments for upper back pain relief.
While lower back pain affects our ability to ambulate and upper back affects our ability to perform daily activities like brushing our teeth or driving a car. Know all about upper back pain in this article.
Causes and Reason for Upper Back Pain
Causes of upper back pain include:
- Muscular irritation (myofascial pain).
- Poor posture often caused sudden pain.
- Sit longer, have more stress on you at work, become more tired and over worked, these pressures sit on your upper back.
- When you sit over your computer for a long period of time or lifting grocery bags. It impact more strain on your upper back part. With time your upper back exhausted, which leads to muscles tighten, joints slow and pain occurs.
- Trauma, Muscle damage and muscle imbalances.
- Injury to a disc in the upper back (such as a herniated disc or degenerated disc) that causes upper back pain, but such injuries are very rare.
- Whiplash can cause muscle and ligament problems in the upper back.
- During pregnancy, pregnant women having this problem.
Upper Back Pain Diagnosis
- Your condition can be diagnosed by an MD.
- A physical therapist.
- A chiropractor.
Upper Back Pain Symptoms
Upper back pain symptoms & signs may include:
- Tired arms
- Shoulder discomfort
- Neck stiffness
- Pinching and stabbing pains between the shoulder blades
- muscle tension in the lower neck and upper back
- Pain when you move your shoulders or bend your neck forward
- Pain while take a deep breath
- Muscle spasms
- Chest pain
Treatments for upper back pain
Proper Treatments & cure tips helps in relieve upper back pain. These back pain treatments options are good for women while pregnancy, during muscle pain. Here are all treatment for upper back pain relief.
- Physical therapy: Physical therapy specialists will recommend exercises, stretches and yoga for upper back pain that is very specific for solving the problems of the patient. Some of these exercises will be done in the office of the therapist, and others will be given to the patient to perform at home on a regular basis.
- In early stages when pain in upper part of back with muscle spasms can be treated with ice packs for 20 to 30 minutes every 4 to 6 hours for the first 2 to 3 days. You may use a frozen gel pack, crushed ice, or a bag of frozen peas. After you have iced for 2 to 3 days, you may begin to use moist heat to assist loosen up stiff muscle. It is best home remedy for upper left and right side back pain.
- Massage therapy: Massage therapy is for Pain in upper back by trained therapist in medical massage.
- Chiropractic: Chiropractic care and physical therapy can offer spinal mobilizations, hot packs, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, cervical traction, and therapeutic exercises.
- Surgery in severe and chronic upper back pain. Surgery is the last treatments for upper back pain.
Treatments for Upper Back Pain YouTube videos.
Photo Credit: www.paininleft.com