What is Cervical Cap?
A cervical cap is undersized, firm latex and thimble-designed cup create of silicone like sailor’s hat, be valid as a control birth method, place in into women’s vagina that fits over their cervix area (the portion of the uterus that opens into the upper part of the vagina). Cervical caps also describe cervix cap, cervical cover, birth control cap, conception cap or contraceptive device, works as a safe wall between a man’s sperm and a women’s egg.
This better birth control guard stops sperm from entering the uterus and prevent getting pregnant or fertilization by covering the cervix. This pregnancy control device is 90% effective for women’s. Femcap cervical cap is only available or approved by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in USA.
Other alternative various birth control method are condoms, female condom, Depo Provera , Fertility Awarness, The Pill, Female sterilization, Evra Patch , Nuvaring , IUD, Implant or sponge.
Cap cervical are available in many sizes to fix in different females because success of conception cap related to its proper fitting. Female gynecologist will help to know, How to insert and remove cervical cap before sexual activity. By pelvic exam feminine can confirm about the correct position and best fitting of birth control cap. As we aware, cap of cervix prevents pregnancy by stay sperm from fusion with a fertile egg. Cervical cap count in best effective birth control methods if used accurately, especially for those females who never given birth.
During menstrual periods women will be suggested to remove cervical cover. Before intercourse, apply creams or spermicidal jellies that destroy sperm into the cap for protection.
Steps for Use
- Properly clean and dry hands.
- Apply spermicide at the ring on cervical cover.
- Get a relaxed and easy position while place it at vagina, such as stand with one foot on commode, sit at the periphery chair.
- Use middle and index finger to place conception cap in vagina. Make sure cervix entirely cover.
This pregnancy control cap, slot in cervix as a minimum 15 minutes before having sex and can be leave in position for up to 48 hours. After proper placing of birth control device, it is expected from every lady to check the position and use of spermicide every times when having sex. Don’t remove cap up to 8 hrs after sexual contact. Always remember, cervix cap won’t guard from sexually spread infections.
Remove Cervical Cap Steps
Manufacturer’s instructions could be handy while removing the cap. With comfortably feeling insert clean and dry fingers in vagina to pull out the pregnancy prevent cap. If ladies or young girls are getting any problem in use of cervical cap, see the FemCap DVD or visit to doctor for demo of inserting and removing cervical cap.
Refitting or Reuse
After child delivery or an abortion can affect cervical cap refitting. After a birth, visit to Lady health provider to check the appropriate fit for reuse of conception cap.
Hole of the uterus called cervix from where the bleeding, spotting, sperm, babies deliver and abortion is done. Covering of cervix and prevent sperm to enter the uterus are main task performed by barrier methods of birth control such as diaphragm, cervical cap and female condom.
Risk Awareness and Woman Safety
There some conditions, which make the use of cervical cap difficult for women, are:-
- If use birth control cap after 10 weeks of laboring.
- Cracks or cuts in cervical tissue or vagina.
- Cervical cancer, vaginal cancer.
- Severe pain while placing cervical cap.
- Have a reproductive tract infection.
- Not long ago abortion.
- A short time ago surgery on cervix.
- When any type of vaginal bleeding or during periods.
- Maximum risk of pregnancy when every time has a new partner and women don’t check the correct position or condition of cervical cap before and after intercourse.
- The cervical birth control cap should not be applied by women who have an abnormal formed cervix, past pelvic inflammatory disease and unusual Pap smear.
- Cervical caps are not advised for womenfolk who have had history of Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Females like cervical cap because it is simple, immediately effective birth control device, comfortable and easy to use.
- Cervical caps placed it long hours before intercourse.
- Simple and comfortable device.
- No effect for future fertility.
- Small and Easy to keep in pocket or purse.
- Cervical caps are reversible.
- No side effects on females natural hormones.
- Facing difficulty during inserting or removing, need to visit clinic.
- Prevent Pregnancy cap cannot safe from HIV/AIDS.
- Chances of damage during sex with many sexual positions.
- Caps of cervical cannot used during menstruation.
- After pregnancy it is need to be replacing in larger cervical cap.
- It is release Unlikeable vaginal smells.
- A doctor prescription is compulsory.
Possible Side Effects
As we know this device is best way to prevent from pregnancy. But some of females face problems while using this barrier method of birth control.
- Some of women’s Vaginal irritation and allergic reactions with spermicide and rubber cervical cap in genital area.
- Couples experience pain and distress when using cervical cap.
- During urinating have feverish sensation.
- Unbalanced vaginal spotting/bleeding and mucus discharge.
- Have swelling and redness in vulva or vagina.
- If cervical cap is not remove till long time its lead to strong smells, vaginal secretions or infection.
- The cap cervical doesn’t approach shield from sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and HIV (the virus of AIDS). So best idea is always apply male condoms along with the cervical cap as safeguard against STIs.
- Unpredictable or incorrect usage of the cervix cap multiplies risk of pregnancy.
- Exercise of inserting process to sure it covers the cervix properly.
- Choose different size of cap if after placement, it slipped during intercourse.
- FemCap advises the use of spermicidal gel in conjunction with the FemCap cervical cap. The FemCap should be inserted 40 hours or less before intercourse, and left in position 6 hours after intercourse to die all sperms before removing.
- Before put it in box, wash it properly with anti-bacterial soap and dry it.
- Do not exercise oil-based (Vaseline or edible oils) lubricants or powders with the cervical cap in vaginal area because it may break cap.
- After use, mild soap and warm water should be used to wash the cap.
- Check regularly for it condition, if find leakage or holes, replace it.
FemCap : Cost & Size
Personal Gynecologist will assist to prescribe which cervical cap correctly fits against pregnancy. Cervical caps buy at any medical shop or clinic with prescription. FemCap is safe, effective birth control for health conscious women. The FemCap is a reusable, hormone-free, latex-free
contraceptive device. The FemCap allows women to have greater control of their sex lives without changing their bodies’ natural hormones.
FemCap comes in three sizes: 22, 26, and 30mm and is available in the United States and Europe.
- Small size (22mm) – for those who never given birth or getting pregnant, especially for girls.
- Medium size (26mm) -for those women who had abortion earlier.
- Large size (30mm)- for women, who have got pregnant vaginally.
Cost: examine cost could be in between from $50 to $200.
* FYI: For more and accurate information about femcap cervical cap and Spermicidal Gel cost, plan & pricing, insurance and discount plan visit this product website www.femcap.com
These YouTube video helps in use of cervical cap . Great thanks to YouTube.
Video1 – Using the Conception Cap
Video2 – How to Insert a Cervical Cap