Neck pain is very common medical problem. These home treatments for neck pain relief should only be done within 4 days of neck injury. Common conditions & causes producing neck pain are neck strain, degenerative disc disease, neck injury (whiplash), herniated disc, or a pinched nerve.
In this article will know about home treatments tips that should be implemented after neck injury. It is required to visit your doctors if these home remedies do not work. Below is the list for the most effective and efficient home treatments for neck care.
Home Treatments for Neck Pain Relief
- Use of ice helps in Easing Neck Pain. Very easy method is crushed ice in plastic bag and applies this icepack to your pain area of neck for 15 minutes at a time.
- Use of Cervical neck relief pillow.
- Apply a wet towel or a hot water bottle, or have a hot shower, but do not use it for a long time because it can increase your pain.
- Reduce your stress will help in relax of neck pain.
- Stretching of neck up to 30 seconds is good relax tip for neck.
- While working on PC, you should choose a chair that fully support your back and neck.
- Must avoid task such as lifting and sports that make pain and stiffness bad.
- Stop smoking because it’s slows healing power.
- Gentle range-of-motion exercises and isometric exercises are best home treatment for neck pain relief.
- Swimming is the best versatile exercise for strengthening the back and neck.
- Practice good posture helps ease and prevent neck pain.
- Sleep on a firm and hard mattress.
- Over-the-counter pain relievers and medicines like aspirin and ibuprofen can ease the pain and reduce inflammation.
- Massage can help ease your tense muscles and give temporary relief, and it may help you sleep better.
Note: These are some basic home treatments for neck pain relief. After 4 days if neck pain problem still same or more critical, the best way to contact your doctor specialist.